Business Whole of Life
Why Zurich Business Whole of life?
Zurich Business Whole of Life cover is suitable for certain circumstances that your business client may want to cover, such as protecting a key individual should they die or be diagnosed with a terminal illness.
We’ve built our business whole of life protection in a way that lets your business client choose the cover they want, and change it when their employee's life changes.
Summary of cover
Whole of Life cover
- Single life
- Joint life first death
- Terminal illness
- Free cover during underwriting
Additional benefits that can be added on to the policy at an extra cost:
- Waiver of premium
Choose the cover that’s right for your business client
- Choose cover on a single life or joint life.
- Choice of level or an increasing cover option.
- Increasing cover options of 3%, 5% or RPI.
- Monthly or annual premiums.
- Guaranteed premiums (unless cover changes or increases).
Details of cover
Life cover Age at policy start Minimum Maximum Single person policy 16 83 Joint life first death policy 16 69
- Minimum premium £8 a month or £80 a year
- UK resident
Benefits Details Free life cover during underwriting Cover for up to £2,000,000 during underwriting. Single & joint life policies
- Single life – pays out on death or diagnosis of terminal illness.
- Joint life first death – pays out on first death or diagnosis of terminal illness on joint policy.
Terminal illness Pays out upon diagnosis of a terminal illness.
Waiver of premium
We’ll pay the premiums on the policy if the employee is too ill or injured to work for more than 6 months and they can’t perform their current job. For joint policies, this benefit can be added for either or both lives assured.
We’ve built our products in a way that lets your business clients choose the level of cover they want, and change it when their employee's life changes. And we’ve made it much easier to do. So where we can, we’ve made it possible for them to make changes without having to go through underwriting and asking questions about the employee's health, or changes in their personal circumstances.
When significant events happen, the milestone benefit can be used to increase the sum assured without any questions about the employee's health.
- An increase in the value of the business
- Increase in the value of a key individual to the business
The maximum increase that can be made to the benefit amount is the lower of the original sum assured or £200,000.
This benefit must be used within 90 days of the significant event and can only be used if the employee is 54 years old or younger.
If your client uses the milestone benefit, their premiums will change.
- Increase the sum assured
- Add waiver of premium
- Review the premium if your client previously smoked
- Reduce the sum assured
- Remove waiver of premium
- Remove increasing cover
- Change the rate on increasing cover
Zurich Support Services
Zurich Support Services is so much more than just a counselling service. We understand that there are things going on at home that can affect the employee’s work-life, and also things that are going on at work that affect their personal life. Zurich Support Services aim to help them achieve a positive work-life balance.
Talk to the team about anything at any time
Your client can talk to them about anything, from daily worries to major life events. Even if the team can’t help on the call, they can point them in the direction of someone who can. Here are just some of the things people pick up the phone to talk about:
- Looking for a job
- Paying back debts
- Managing household bills
- Checking consumer rights
Big life events
- Planning a wedding
- Facing separation or divorce
- Dealing with bereavement or loss
- Moving to a new house
- Coping with anxiety or depression
- Living with illness or disability
- Revisiting life goals
- Asking about therapy
- Dealing with pressure or stress
- Balancing work with a private life
- Facing bullying or harassment
- Understanding employment rights
Making a claim
If someone needs to make a whole of life claim for your client, they’ll have a lot going on, so we’ve made it as easy as we can. They’ll have their own dedicated claims specialist who’ll be with them every step of the way.
For life cover claims
For more information on making a claim, visit our claims page.